Who doesn't love a good surprise? With this color-changing coffee mug, you're definitely in for a great one. This mug has a black matte finish when it's empty. But when it comes into contact with a hot beverage, the mug reveals a beautiful print that'll always make you smile when having your drink of choice.
- Ships from both USA and EU!
- Black matte finish when cold
- Reveals the print when exposed to hot liquids
- Dimensions: height - 3.85" (9.8 cm), diameter - 3.35" (8.5 cm)
- Do not microwave or put in the dishwasher as it will damage the coating!
- Looking for the non-color-changing version you can throw in the dishwasher or microwave? Get the matching classic cup here in 11 or 15oz!
- Love to hike but still need your daily dose of coffee? Shop our matching enamel mug!
Note that in some instances the coating might not be 100% opaque and an outline of the design might peek through a little.
"Magritte painted The Son of Man as a self-portrait. The painting consists of a man in an overcoat and a bowler hat standing in front of a short wall, beyond which is the sea and a cloudy sky. The man's face is largely obscured by a hovering green apple. However, the man's eyes can be seen peeking over the edge of the apple. Another subtle feature is that the man's left arm appears to bend backwards at the elbow.
About the painting, Magritte said: "At least it hides the face partly. Well, so you have the apparent face, the apple, hiding the visible but hidden, the face of the person. It's something that happens constantly. Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see. There is an interest in that which is hidden and which the visible does not show us. This interest can take the form of a quite intense feeling, a sort of conflict, one might say, between the visible that is hidden and the visible that is present." - renemagritte.org
Artist: René Magritte | Designer: Sabai Beauty